So I've given it 2 weeks and the new job isn't going so great. The pace is painfully slow and the people are largely painfully dull - save one or two people. The owner of the clinic is a sixty-something barracuda who likes nothing more than to bully her lowly techs. Her favorite game is to tell you to do something and then chew you out for not doing something else. Nice. She has all her older techs intimidated and miserable, and it's totally beyond me why they stay. With their years of experience, they could get jobs elsewhere effortlessly.
Sadly, I am growing tired of working in clinics. I know I've only been doing the job for 3 years, but it's very demanding physically and emotionally - plus almost 3 years at Banfield = 6 years of normal experience. Also, I'm just plain tired of getting bit, scratched, shit and pissed on. My left knee has been bothering me more and more each day so I've got to get that checked out.
Lastly, I need to make more damn money. Ian and I will never get out from under our mountain of debt if I don't start making a larger salary. I'm starting to look into jobs at veterinary supply and diagnostics companies - not the most rewarding work probably, but more normal hours and much better pay.
So that's where I am. Miserable with work, yet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment