Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New job

I started the new job yesterday. A little boring, but I think I can deal with that. It's strange working somewhere that's staffed - if someone runs around the corner for a cup of joe, all hell doesn't break loose. No one is stuffing their faces with vending machine candy because there is no time to eat a proper meal. We take hour lunches, sometimes they're longer and even have a few minutes here and there to bullshit. And when we do, no one glares at us like we're neglecting our jobs. The doctors rely on their techs as techs and take care of the client aspect of the job. We do our specialized work, they do theirs. I think there is less tech/client contact here than at other clinics, but they don't completely rely on the techs for almost everything like is done at Banfield. The one thing I don't like - techs have to do a lot of phone answering - but it seems that the phone calls are really straightforward and not a bunch of freaks seeing the name in the phone book and looking for free advice so they can avoid paying an office call elsewhere - people are such d-bags. So far, so good. I slept like a baby last night (due to hardly sleeping at all on Sunday night because of new-job jitters.) My schedule is really odd so I'm back to work at 2 today.
And my complaint - I am broke!

No comments: